Sunday, April 6, 2014

Just call me Martha....

"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. " Author Unknown

It is no secret I'm single nor is it a secret I date. I've dated all different kinds of guys, even ones who weren't my type. The thought was that if my type wasn't working for me I should try something else. They don't work out either. I finally found one who IS my type: educated, employed, athletic, articulate, and mighty fine looking (just saying). However this week I spent too much time worrying that something was wrong with us. We spoke tonight and it turns out he had a crappy week. It wasn't me, it was him. Just call me Martha.

Most of this worrying I know stems from self esteem issues. I crassly call it "former fat girl" issues. Remember when I said I don't see in the mirror what you see what you look at me?

Ironically at the peak of a temper tantrum I stumbled across this coaching session on Facebook from Tyrese Gibson. I don't know who Tyrese Gibson is, but I'm thankful my friend Chris posted it today.

Maybe I just need to start playing this on repeat during my bike rides:

 
And maybe I need to apply the same determination and stubbornness to my relationships as I do to my training.

1 comment:

  1. Just be the best Shawna you can be... (I loved Stewart Smalley!)

    ReplyDelete