Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm home and ....

This is going to be a long one, you've been warned...

Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of The Fire and Saturday night was the first night I slept in my home since that eventful afternoon. To celebrate the event, I not only secured internet but also treated myself to television for the first time in a year. Yes, I went without live television for an entire calendar year. It wasn't to make some sort of stand against the establishment or to be cooler than you, it was simply to save money.

Let's all Snoopy dance; I'm home!

My first meal in the condo was store-bought pork BBQ, frozen broccoli and sweet potato. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that as it was also the first 'meal' I made for a new friend. However, we did eat it at my table on my plates using my silverware in my condo! The first meal with real ingredients was actually made by said friend the next day when I wasn't home to eat it. He provide an encore performance when I got home from my lacrosse game and it was really good.

Last week also marked my official registration for Ironman Florida, November 1, 2014. In other words, SEVEN MONTHS FROM TOMORROW! You could say the sh!t just got real.



There was a lot of confessing going on this weekend:

I confessed to Aaron that I'm really solid on my food Monday-Friday, but I have a really hard time on the weekends between the new friend and lacrosse. He suggested using myfitnesspal and tracking my macros to insure ensure make sure I'm getting what I need since I'm not following the meal plan. I'm going to give that a shot this weekend. My results working with him are noticeable but slow in occurrence. I do understand if I want drastic results, I have to make drastic changes and I'm just not there right now. I'm willing to embrace slow and steady.

I confessed to coach that I wasn't getting one of last week's workouts done. I ran out of time on Friday and I just didn't want to kick my company out so that I could get the swim in. I ended the week with 3 workouts and 4 rest days. But guess what...when I got in the pool this morning I felt AMAZING!

I confessed to my company that I like him. I'm fairly confident he likes me too (he left his mountain bike with me). I'm not ready to drop out of my IMS group (so those of you from IMS please don't boot me yet), but I'm hoping this one has some staying power. Two weekends ago he met me at the finish line of the Publix Half Marathon and this past weekend he took me to a Ball. You may be thinking, "He invited you to a Ball and you are in a short dress?" Oh, did I give him a hard time for not giving me better details! I wasn't the only one in a short dress, but we were in the minority by far. His commanding officer's wife gave me the low-down for any other possible future events.

Life seems to be slowing down a little bit. College lacrosse is wrapping up. High schools are on spring break this week and next so there are actually a couple of week nights I do not have to run straight to a field.

After work today I went by my sister's and I think I have everything out. Now I have the overwhelming task of furnishing my home, buying another television, and everything else that goes with moving into an empty place. I have to figure out what look I'm going for and how I'm going to accomplish it.

This week's objective: inhale, exhale, repeat.






No comments:

Post a Comment