Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Dopey is as Dopey does....

Coach has placed me on a race embargo until after IMFL (Ironman Florida) in November. BUT he said nothing about after. Lo and behold on a bit of a whim and a bit of 'why the hell not' I registered for the Dopey Challenge for the second year in a row.


For those of you who don't know, the runDisney Dopey Challenge begins on a Thursday and goes through Sunday with one race a day: 5k, 10k, half marathon, and marathon. The hardest part of this event last year was waking up before the roosters!


I'm not a die hard Disney fan. I did tell my niece when she is older if she wants to run the Princess Half, I will run with her. I did not flock for the Coast to Coast medal or the newest Avengers race or the Tower of Terror 10 miler. There is just something about this series. The disappointing part is my Running Husband is not going to be there this year and the T-shirt Guy is only running the half with his son. However, Coach said he'd run the half with me!  For what it's worth: Registration is actually $560 with Active.com's fees and sold out in THREE HOURS! That is $11.52 a mile. Why did I do the math?

Medals from 2014
My current race schedule: Augusta 70.3 Sept 2014, Florida 140.6 November 2014, Dopey Challenge 2015. I wish I wasn't such an under achiever!


No comments:

Post a Comment