Sunday, March 16, 2014

Taking a Compliment......

Yesterday I met up with the T-shirt guy for a nice easy run on the Silver Comet Trail. We haven't been able to meet up in about a month and he greeted me with "You look great!" A few miles in, I bumped into another tri friend who I hadn't seen since December. She said, "What are you doing? You look great!"

It is in my nature to shirk compliments (unless I'm fishing for them) or marginalize them.  However yesterday, I stood a little straighter and said, "Thank you! I've been trying really hard."

I have been. While I'm not where I was, I'm not where I want to be. I want to be fitter, stronger, healthier and leaner. I don't want to be skinny, I want to be FIT!

I knew I needed help getting to the next level. After speaking with Aaron about it for months, I finally asked for his help and have been working with him at Achieve Peak Performance (and on Facebook) since early February. He does an exceptional job planning my meals and I've been trying my best to follow. In the short time I've been working with him, I've lost body fat and inches. What I like is that I'm eating food. I'm using protein powder to supplement, but it is not a food plan based on shakes and supplements. That is not what I wanted. Since starting I'm down inches across my entire body.



What made yesterday's compliments timing ideal is that I've been having a rough 10 days. I'm out of my apartment, but not moved back home. The date to move back home so is still undetermined. The allergic reaction I had ended me up on 12 days of Prednisone (FEED ME!!!!). Also, my mother has been hospitalized, after breaking her humorous 2 weeks ago, with pneumonia.



I have not been doing my job nor been a stellar client.

With my game today canceled and only 1 day left of Prednisone, I have no more excuses. Mini-me and I had a great day shopping for home stuff and dresses and then I had an entire evening to prep food.

Almost all the food I'll eat this week...
Since I can't stop Monday from coming, I have decided to attack it being awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment