Sunday, March 9, 2014

I get by with a little help from my friends....

I don't know about you, but every once in awhile I feel lonely, unwanted, unneeded, unnoticed. Not this week!

I have been showered with love. Well, maybe not by the 2 guys....but by my real friends and family. My sister and her family threw me the most amazing birthday party. They have also been incredibly supportive in my new eating habits and putting up with me squatting in the office as I wait to be able to move back home.

My sister and her wonderful family.

Friends from running, grad school, my time at the MJCCA, and my sister's neighbors all made time to either stop by and stay for a while or even just pop in for a few minutes Friday night. They didn't have to. They chose to.

A very special friend in my life is my running husband. You know that guy who in real life is emotionally, morally and legally with someone else? However, when we are running, he looks out for me. Whether it is where it is safe to run, celebrating victories together, having extra fuel, or just lending an ear when I'm lamenting about dating or life in general. He also happens to be an excellent rabbit and helped me PR my 5k by a full minute in January!


We work with each other's training goals. He's working toward a 50 miler; I'm working towards an IM. He's slowed down his long runs for me. This morning I slowed down mine for him. It doesn't matter. We both know we don't build speed on our long runs, but it is where we build and strengthen our friendship. That is always going to be more important to me than a pace goal.

Who supports you in your goals?

P.S. Yes, his real world wife knows all about me!


No comments:

Post a Comment