Tuesday, December 30, 2014

And That's a Wrap....

2014 comes to an end tomorrow night. I know this surprises none of you after all, the year always ends on 12/31. However, has this year left anyone wondering: Where did the 365 days go? I remember specifically panicking about IMFL being 6 months away and now IMFL was 2 months ago.

It was a good year.

I moved back home after being displaced for 12 months.


It was a good year.

For about 2 weeks I thought I had a boyfriend. I had some fun first dates, a few second dates and fewer 3rd. The dialogue on my Facebook page about my dating (frequency to lack there of) was always amusing.


It was a good year.

I participated in some events: ATC Resolution Run, Inaugural Dopey, Tybee Run Fest, Publix Half Marathon, Blalock Lake Olympicthe GA 400 Hospitality Ride, the Peachtree Road Race,   the MAAC Century, Augusta HIM, and Ironman Florida. Gatorfest was even in there somewhere (I won my AG and there was even another person in it!). Some were definitely more fun than others.

It was a good year.

I formed new friendships. I end some old ones. Both scenarios helped me get closer to becoming the person I want to be.

It was a good year.

I re-rated for lacrosse and it went very well. Janie and I started a Facebook group for female triathletes: Ironwilled: Women who TRI. This blog was finally begun.
In 2014 if I needed/wanted it, it went on my credit card. This year if I need it the first question will be: Can I borrow...? Then it will be: Do I really need it? Where can I find it for less?

I may or may not race a lot. That will depend on a few things. I know I'm doing IM Louisville, but beyond that, who knows. For those of you who really know me, I'm a planner. This lack of plan is driving me batty a bit, but it is going to be okay.

I'm looking forward to coaching. Plans are in the works for me to officially start working with a runner to help her reach her goals. I'm looking forward to that challenge and hopefully picking up a few more athletes along the way.

What can you look forward to if you stick with me? More of the same: I'm still single and dating. I'm still chasing the words: Shawna you are an IRONMAN! I'm still doing the best I can to live life to the fullest. However, this is me we are talking about, I'm sure there will be some new challenges to meet, greet and conquer!
Let's all have a kickass 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment