Sunday, January 4, 2015

Any Idiot Can Run.....

It takes a special kind of idiot to run 4 races in a row that requires one to wake up at 2:30/3am for 4 days straight.

I can't wrap  my head around why I'm so indifferent about this event. Maybe because I'm going with a different crew than last year... maybe because I never took any time off after IMFL. I don't know. I am going with some great people and I'm running with Stephanie for the long races. Our goals match perfectly and I know it will be a lot of fun. My house is even hosting a meet up for some friends on Saturday. It'll be tons of fun and lots of pics to prove it!

I just can't get psyched up for the event. I'm in a Facebook group and everyone is wigging out and freaking out and I'm sitting over here thinking: Eh. Is it over yet? I know once I'm packed and on the road, I'll start getting more excited. Last year I had 3 PRs for slowest times for each distance. Maybe I'll see if I can get all 4 this year!

Some of this disinterest I'm crediting to still adjusting to not having a coach. I've never needed the encouragement to get out the door. I have found that I'm missing the accountability of someone looking at my workout to see that I did it as assigned. I'm thankful for a good friend who has promised to help me with some things after Dopey. After I recover, I want to work on strength and speed to build my base for lacrosse season as well as prepping for IMLou training (another issue and it's still 9 months away.)



Yes, Barry, I'm still dating. There was the kid Christmas Day. What the heck, I'll open up my age range...he was a kid (legal but young). And he was wigged out because we knew people in common. Then there was a guy New Years Day. I thought it went well. We met up for a drink and talked for about 2 hours. He's a cyclist and a runner. Again, we knew people in common. To be honest, I'm legitimately confused as to why I haven't heard from him. I'm also over it.

It's a new year and time for renewed focus. I'm trying to figure out what I want this blog to be. Do I just keep spewing the thoughts from my head?
Do I try to become a brand like some other bloggers and some of my friends? Do I want to expand my reach or just keep sharing my 'diary' with people who, for the most part, already know me? Do you have an opinion?

So many decisions....





No comments:

Post a Comment