Friday, August 22, 2014

Oh Giggles How I Have Missed Thee!

There was a theme this week: Giggles. Lots and lots of giggles.

Every Monday night I meet up with the North Georgia Tri Club for an open water swim. Unfortunately storms rolled in and it wasn't safe. So we made the smart decision to get dinner instead. Thankfully this awesome crew agreed to meet me Tuesday night. I needed to get a 2 miles swim done. Would you like to take a guess as to how many laps that is in a 25 yard pool? No? I'll tell you: 70.4. Riiiiight. In the lake: 2.25. Easy decision.

Tuesday night I'm texting with Rich and he invited himself to crash my workout Wednesday morning. Who am I to turn down company for an 8 mile run at 6am? Not even a quarter mile into our run and I had a case of the giggles. I couldn't stop giggling. It was great! We laughed through much of the run. I think the tone was set when Rich pulled up and asked me if we were running or riding.
 
When we got back to my car I found a present lodged into the door handle on my car. After close inspection, we had no idea what it was.
 

I posted the picture on Facebook and Instagram and gave my friends a few hours to play: What is that? I think I mentioned I lost my cadence magnet last week. Coach had brought me a new one. More giggles when I finally picked it up and looked inside.

Thursday night a group of triathletes left off the spandex and met up for happy hour. (I've never seen so many salads in one place!)

A great time had by all especially after a random patron at the bar, bought the entire table shots.

I ended up staying with two others for another hour or so. Topics covered: peeing in your wetsuit, peeing on the bike, peeing while you run, not pooping, how to get poop to happen. More giggles, more ew-s! I have a habit if shredding bar coasters. I was quietly going about shredding a coaster when the 2 people I was hanging out with took notice. Oh did I get harassed about that! And more giggles!

Last week I was honored with a request from Jesica from www.runladylike.com to be featured on her Friday FITspiration post. It published today! You should check it out if you haven't already. She's a fantastic writer and she is amused by my dating antics.

I have been sitting back watching the #ALS #icebucketchallenge slightly surprised I hadn't been tagged yet, but also not complaining that I didn't have to dump a bucket of ice on my head. That streak ended yesterday. My nephew, Ryan, challenged me. After confirming that he was donating his own money and that he and his father had talked about what ALS was and why they were donating money, I accepted the challenge.


I can't think of a better way to call out my coaches than with a bucket of ice.....

Thank you to my nephew, Louis, for operating the video. Now I'm off to sleep as I have a long hot ride tomorrow with some of my favorite triathletes. Time for sleep to dream of cool thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment