Thursday, July 24, 2014

So many thoughts...

I have had so many thoughts I've wanted to write about.

The first is the resurfacing of the Pearl Izumi ads that talk about being a runner not a jogger. Here is what annoys me about them: They set a pace to what is jogging v running. I'm in lots of different Facebook groups and the people who make up these groups are very different and varied in ability. One of the groups has some members cheering that they finally broke a 15 minute mile. Another group talks about how they finally finished a 5k in under 18 minutes. According to Pearl Izumi, the 15 min miler is not a runner but a jogger.


I don't think that's right.

I think the distinction is attitude. I tell people I'm a runner not because of my pace but because I don't wear cotton and I run even in the rain. I run with purpose. I'm trying to accomplish something. Besides...joggers find dead bodies. Seriously? Have you ever read an article that talks about a runner finding a murder victim? I didn't think so.

Then there was the date I went on last week. Don't get excited, it was a one and done. Nice guy. Not a wasted evening, just no reason to spend time with him again.

Tonight I had dinner with a girl friend I haven't seen in about 4 years. We talked. We discussed fun dates, not so fun dates and the joys of dating in general. She said...check out these guys, let me know what you think. I said tell them to contact me. There were 2. She contacted one of them and he wasted no time. Hehehe, I have a date tomorrow night with him. He wanted to make sure I wasn't looking for training partner. I assured him I am not. I'm good with finding a guy who will hold a sign and make sure my bike gets back to the car.

Today (Thursday) marks 99 days until IMFL. I think training is going well. I'm looking forward to this weekend. I have a swim lesson tomorrow night and a 56 mile ride on Saturday. T-shirt guy has decided to do a tri and has started riding so he may join me for a little bit. Sunday I have a great day planned starting with a double digit fun run with some tri friends and maybe my Running Husband followed by breakfast and trip to Red Top Mountain to splash and play. I don't know what it is about that place, but I love being up there. Monday could be huge. There is a group that is going to swim 3 laps in the lake. If I play too, it will be my longest swim ever of 2.7 miles.

Thanks Nadya for the picture!
I am spoiled. With all this training, I fall asleep within moments of sitting still. It reminds me of camp sleep. By the time I put my head on my pillow at camp, I was out cold. Insomnia. What's that? I now complain about not being able to fall asleep when it takes me more than 10 minutes to fall asleep. I contend I hit REM sleep during my 15 minute nap yesterday morning.

Speaking of which, I'm going to pass out on my keyboard but T-shirt guy informed me my fans (hahaha) missed me. I'll recap the weekend of training. The irony of me not posting for a week and a half is that I have had plenty to say, I just never sat down to type it out.

Thanks for putting up with my stream of consciousness.








No comments:

Post a Comment