Thursday, March 5, 2015

Anniversary Addition...

My blog just recently hit its one year anniversary so I guess that means I have another birthday coming, like tomorrow. I haven't written much lately because I'm not really sure what to share. I do believe some things really don't belong on the interwebs and a lot of those things have been going on.


I was out to dinner with a friend last night and I was stating, lamenting, whining, that it's been a year and everything seems the same. Yet, so much is different.

When I started this blog I was sleeping on a mattress on the floor of my sister's office waiting, just waiting, to be told I could move back home. And I did, the end of March.


I started this blog to share my journey to  becoming an Ironman. And I did, Nov 1, 2014.

I started this blog thinking only my mother and few select friends would read it. And I was right. JUST KIDDING. I'm constantly amazed when people I know or haven't met yet tell me they read it. I am completely HONORED when some one shares a post. I think this one summing up what my life is like training was shared the most: No, I don't want to come out and play...

Because of this blog my hoo-ha is a normal topic of conversation with ANYONE.
ended up picking up a different Cobb Saddle.
Through this blog I have made new amazing friends. Through this blog I connected with Janie and Ironwilled: Women who TRI was born. Through Ironwilled: Women who TRI I have met more amazing people.
And finally when I started this blog I was pretty much single....and we all know how that goes.
 
The reality is that while many things are the same as they were a year ago, I am not. I know the journey to Ironman and every other small (or big) journey I've taken this year has helped me get closed to where I think I want to be.

Thanks again for sharing last year's journey with me and for sticking around to see what this year brings.

1 comment: