Tuesday, August 22, 2017

My Last First Date....

I finally updated my blog description removing the premise of me being a single triathlete. Who knew that my second of 2 first dates on the first weekend in April would lead to this? Not I!
I'm a triathlete. I started blogging when I began my trek to hear the words, "Shawna you are an IRONMAN!" in 2014. The journey continues. I invite you to follow along as I discuss everything and anything that happens along the way which most recently involves going from glaringly single to soon-to-be stepmom.

So it would go that my last first date was on April 2, 2017. Joke was on me as I have finally met a man who:
  • is smart and sharp.
  • gets my humor. 
  • isn't intimidated by the schedule I keep (although I'm working on that.)
  • is impressed by my Ironman status, not intimidated by it.
  • treats me like a princess, but won't let me act like one.
  • enjoys various food and loves my cooking (but really, what's not to like?)
  • will dance with me on the sidewalk in any city we visit.
  • wants to be in a relationship.
  • wants to be in a relationship with me!
  • has the most beautiful eyes.
  • let's me cry on his shoulder when I'm overwhelmed 
  • calms me.
  • compliments me.
  • complements me.
  • brings me flowers.
  • does the dishes if I cook.
  • can grill.
  • calls when he says he will.
  • plots out a 14 mile run for me and rides his bike to keep me company.
  • supports my goals (he has been helping me fundraise for the KPeasey Foundation through his network among other overt actions.)
  • sets up my bike on the trainer so I can get my workout in (even when I'm looking for an out.)
  • makes me ice my bruises when I do a random gravity check off my bike.
  • woke up at 4am to sit at swim start with me while I stirred in my own head and didn't talk to him.
  • walks up to people he has never met before, introduces himself, and then spends the day cheering with them until I finish my race.
  • runs with me.
  • gets along with all my family and friends.
  • goes out of his way to connect me with his friends and family.
  • brags about me.
  • enjoys cheering and supporting races as much as I do.
  • loves me.
  • has his own hobbies.
  • and so so so much more.............
All I had to do was get out of my own way and let him in. He was persistent too! In the beginning when I was too busy to go out with him, he found a way to make it work. No time for dinner, he met me for lunch. I wanted to go watch a lacrosse game on a Sunday in the rain 2.5 hours from his house, he came with me. He invited himself to Chat 70.3. He invited himself to my last home lacrosse game. He offered to put it in writing that he would not get upset my my Ironman training. (He hasn't to date!)

He chipped away at any wall I tried to put between us. 

He isn't perfect but he's perfect for me. So to my brother et al who liked to post all those great memes about me being single.... 

I'm going to keep blogging with race reports and other topics that amuse me. He enjoys my writing and after things started getting serious, read the whole dang thing. Who knew I had been writing my own instruction manual and I found a guy who actually reads instructions!?!

New topics that may creep in besides race reports: wedding planning, stepmom-ing, house hunting, and all those other fun topics of going from me to we.

I think we might have broken Facebook with the news....

If you have any connections or suggestions for a wedding venue in the Roswell/Marietta ish area, we'd love to hear them!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Shawna, we "met" several years ago on dailymile and I have been enjoying getting your blog posts in my inbox from time to time. I just wanted to let you know how happy I am for you. You deserve happiness. Best of luck and sincerest congratulations!

    ReplyDelete